Monday, June 06, 2005

ET Phone Home

It's been a month and a day since we've been in Vancouver and we couldn't be happier. This city is a dream and I highly recommend for all of you to come visit to see what I am talking about. The weather has been lovely and the atmosphere inspiring.

I've been doing some 'work' for Good Company Communications, makers of the documentary 'The Corporation'. They are promoting a great cause while running a business successfully. WOW! Here's one of the projects I did for them.

I've also been talking with the folks from Adbusters and visited an artist run video collective called Video In. Their model is something that I would love to see implemented in Atlanta. They have 3 Final Cut Pro Edit Suites, a TV Studio, 1 Avid Suite and a Pro Tools Suite, plus a venue for screenings, and a distribution arm called Video Out. They rent out their studios and suites from $5 to $15 an hour or you can volunteer and earn video bucks which you can use towards renting the facilities. What a dream!

There is a nice ATL contingency here. Some of you might remember Eve and Motomasa. They have established themselves nicely in the DJ scene and also have a radio show.

Finally, I went surfing for the first time in my life last weekend. I gotta say I'm hooked. The water is fuckin cold, which explains the wet suit, but the scenery is spectacular.

ET PHONE HOME

Oh and before I forget, Big ups to UNDO Corp. the designers for subMediaTV.com for winning the Silver Seed Award for best lLash Website. Also big Ups To Alex Motlagh, whose video Bush Boys was selected for the Norwegian Short Film Festival.

That's all kids, stay tuned for more

love//the_stimulator

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home