Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Random Winter Stuff

As I write this snow is falling heavily outside my window. So it's time to find a hill and a piece of cardboard and ski ATL Style.

Speaking of which I heard the song that Dallas Austin was hired to produce to promote my adopted city and WTF??

So I know the Push Push Theater had been showing the new Walmart movie, but if you missed it Indymedia is showing it for free this friday at the L5P community center. I have not seen the film yet, but what excites me about this is not he movie itself but, the fact that Greewald (the Director) has been able to have worldwide venues without the support of any studio or major distribution company. Little by little the dinasours of the industry become irrelevant and eventually extinct.

Here in Vanvouver, Blim is having a benefit at Video In. Blim is a killer little art studio that acts as a gallery and workshop space in East Vancouver. They offer screen printing and knitting classes and do video nights about once a month.

My friends here in Vancouver suggested that I take a winter project, since it rains a lot and it's dark at 5pm. Somebody gave me an old PC and I've been turning it into a Tivo using Ubuntu Linux and Freevo. I've had varying dregrees of suceess and faliure and has made me appreciate the work of programmers. What a pain in the butt.

As I said, lately I've been spending a lot of time inside. My parents gave me an Ipod for my birthday and I can finally test the subMedia video podcast. Let me tell ya, if you are a news junkie like me, podcasting is the way to go. I can listen to programs that I usually had to listen on the times that they were broadcast, whenever the fuck I want. ATLien's Eve and Motomasa have a radio show that I can never listen because I am in bed by 11 PM. That's all changed now.

One of the things that I've been following on the news and on podcasts is downward spiral of the Bush administration. Bob Woodward's bombshell a couple of weeks ago and Bush's wish to blow up Al-Jazeera are more exciting than any episode of 24. Indymedia has a nice podcast with a plethora of news shows that follow these stories.

Finally, I am putting an official call for media for the second issue of 'Molotov'. The issue will focus on intellectual property and I am looking for films, music, digital art and articles that are associated but not limited to the following words, phrases and acronyms: bittorrent, MPAA, P2P, Mash-Up, Re-Mix, Bar Code, RIAA, podcast, vodcast, copyleft, Linux, GNU, GMO, Biotech, css, etc. etc,

On top of that I am giving away an IPod video for the best MPAA parody video, so go to subMediaTV.com for more details.

That's all for now, thanks for listening.

love//the_stimulator

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home